Friday 1 March 2013

On Trials and Smiles

The children have been displaying some challenging behaviour recently.  They argue frequently and regularly simply refuse to do as they are told.  They haven't been sleeping so well this last week or two and there have been a few disruptions to their routine, which may offer some explanation.  I feel as though I am failing them terribly but am assured by the husband that this isn't the case.  Maybe we are all just a little exhausted and will feel better in time.  I'm probably too hard on them, and myself.  I certainly worry too much.  I wish I didn't!  But I do. 

Anyway, we emptied the craft drawer this evening and then the smiles came.  They were more peaceful, immediately.  There were no arguments, no fights, no shouting, no tantrums or crying; and that was just me.  We were all calm, just painting and sticking and quietly making a beautiful mess.

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm doing so wrong with the children at the moment, but when I find out, I will make it up to them.  In the meantime, we find our peace in crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment