Monday 18 March 2013

Root vegetable curry

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of my curry, but can verify it was yummy!

Very easy to make as well.

I used the following:

2 large potatoes, cubed
3 medium carrots, sliced
4 large mushrooms, quartered
1 jar of Loyd Grossman tikka masala sauce
150ml water

I put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, stirred, and cooked on high for six hours.

Monday being a particularly busy day in our schedule, I used a jar of sauce and a packet of Tilda lime and coriander rice to save time, but these are both easy to substitute for homemade versions.

This was a lovely meal and something that Jasmine and I look forward to eating again.  It's also so simple to adapt to incorporate any other veg you have in the fridge/cupboard.

Day one of being meat-free has been a doddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment