Sunday 17 March 2013

Meat-free mealtimes

Since trying to cut down on our consumption of meat, I've been totally obsessing over roast chicken.  It really isn't helping me to stay inspired about vegetarian meals!

However, I have given it some thought and come up with a 12 day rolling menu that should see us through until summer...though I can't promise not to succumb to the delights of roast chicken occasionally!

The meals are as follows, with recipes and pictures to come at a later date:

Root vegetable curry with lime and coriander rice

Foccacia margarita

Peppers stuffed with cous cous

Vegetarian toad in the hole with garlic mash

Easy jackets

Roasted Mediterranean vegetable lasagne

Red lentil cottage pie with sweet potato mash

Fish goujons with rice

Tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake

Spiced parsnip soup with French bread

Mushroom bolognese

Spiced butternut tagine with cous cous

We start tomorrow with the root vegetable curry (it's in the slow cooker as I write) and I must say, I'm looking forward to it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment