Tuesday 23 April 2013

Ginger and chocolate chip cupcakes

I had intended to make sweet potato brownies today.

I could find sweet potato nowhere.

I decided upon pecan and ginger brownies instead.

Alas, I could find no pecans either.

So, because I still wanted to make something, I baked some ginger and chocolate chip cupcakes.

I used my faithful, easy peasy cupcake recipe:

100g self-raising flour
100g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
 

I mixed the ingredients well, then added 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 heaped tbsp ground ginger and half a bag of Dr. Oetker milk chocolate chips before further mixing.


20 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 190 degrees, and I had these:


They taste (and smell!) delicious, are so simple to make and take hardly any time at all.

A winning combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment