Wednesday 18 May 2011

Old You Versus New You



So, having children has changed my life - no news there.  But just how much?

Before I had Mini, I was a 20 year old kid who still lived at home with her parents and whose greatest responsibility was choosing what to wear for the day.  I had a boyfriend whom I saw when he was free.  I had disposable income.  I could get away with not wearing a bra.  I was studying for my first course with the Open University, looking for work and still had acres of time to myself.  I read several books a week.  I watched films for pleasure.  I bought clothes and CDs (that's pretty much all I bought, to be honest).  I had no outgoings.  I wasn't that happy really.

Now, I am a 23 year old mother of two beautiful children whose wellbeing and happiness is my greatest responsibility.  I have a partner for life whom I see every day; we live together in our own little home.  Disposable income is a thing of the past.  I really should always wear a bra.  I am studying for my third course with the OU, looking for work, cleaning the house, caring for the children, cooking...I rarely have time to myself.  I read a couple of pages of a book at night just before I go to sleep.  I generally only watch films that are certificated U.  The biggest clothes I buy are aged 18-24 months.  I have many outgoings (more than my income can cope with most of the time).  I am the happiest I have ever been.

So yes, having children has changed my life - I am finally a very happy, proud, fulfilled person.  Thank you, Mini.  Thank you, Sunshine.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment