Thursday 20 October 2011

Cooking - An Inexact Science

One of my "25 Things to do Before I'm 25" goals was to cook a new recipe every week.  Another was to cook more with Mini.  Today, I combined the two. 

To be fair, I did adopt a rather lazy approach to the "new recipe" goal by simply slightly adapting a favourite, but it has worked rather well.

Mini and I made chocolate cinnamon muffins using the following recipe:-

150g self-raising flour, sifted
150g caster sugar
150g margarine
75g Whittards Luxury hot chocolate
75g Whittards Luxury cinnamon hot chocolate
2 eggs
1tbsp water

Now, I know you're supposed to use cocoa rather than drinking chocolate but this really works...and it was all we had in the house.

Here is the method we employed:-

Step One - put all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until it looks yummy.



Step Two - allow toddler to test that it definitely is yummy.
 


Step Three - Fill cake cases with the mixture.  If you can't find a proper muffin tray (I couldn't), then a baking tray will be fine.  You may, however, not be able to fit an even number of cases on to the tray.

Step Four - Set oven to 190 and wait for it to heat up (if you're like me, you too will have forgotten
to do this at the right time).  After five minutes or so, get impatient and pop muffins in anyway.  Leave to bake for around 15 minutes, or until they look edible.  Remove from oven.

Step Five - Admire. 



They really are very yummy.

1 comment: